Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Unafraid of "The Conjuring"


Last night my twin sister, best friend, and I went to the theatre to watch The Conjuring. I'm really not the kind of person that enjoys horror films, but I wanted to hang out. I have two rules about watching scary movies: 
1. If it's a thrasher/slasher, (I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream, etc.) I enjoy it. 
2. If it's just disturbing like The Hills Have Eyes, I HATE IT! 
There's no use for movies like that in my life! Why do people enjoy that junk? I'll get off my soap box about movies like that because that's a whole new subject on its own...

Just as expected, The Conjuring was scary, frightening, and everything it should have been. However, it wasn't disturbing. Some might think so, but it doesn't compare to any movie that I deem gross and useless of my time. Being able to go home after the movie and sleep without anyone there was no problem. I literally achieved level: Like a Boss when I woke up without having had any nightmares.
 
The film begins saying it's based off a true story but I don't believe in the supernatural or paranormal. Sitting in the theatre watching this was a pure adrenaline rush. You'll want to cover your eyes and peak through at the last second. I did, like five times. I won't give any spoilers so go to the theatre and see this movie. It's well worth your time and money! 
Review stars: 7.5 

No comments:

Post a Comment